Los Angeles And San Diego Disability Insurance And ERISA Claim Attorneys Fight Principal Mutual Claim Denials
If an insurance company such as Principal Mutual Life Insurance Company suddenly terminated your benefits, you can trust in McKennon Law Group PC to fight very aggressively to have your wrongful claim denial reversed and claim for benefits reinstated. Our firm fights for your benefits from life, general liability, long-term care and disability insurers like Principal Mutual. At our firm, we understand insurers like Principal Mutual because the McKennon Law Group PC’s attorneys, including its founder, Robert J. McKennon, represented insurance companies for many years. At McKennon Law Group PC, we use our significant experience and focused attention to get those life, long-term care, property and casualty and disability insurance claims paid.
Principal Mutual began as an insurance company in 1879 and, over time, expanded to offer a wide variety of insurance and investment products, including both individual and employer products. For individuals, Principal Mutual offers life insurance and disability income protection, as well as investment and retirement products, such as estate planning and personal trusts. As for employers, Principal Mutual offers employee retirement plans, business planning and other protection solutions.
Principal Mutual provides group disability insurance, including flexible insurance for both short and long-term disabilities; group life insurance; group dental insurance; group vision insurance and group critical illness insurance. Critical illness insurance functions like disability insurance, but offers additional financial protection beyond what may be covered by basic medical and disability. Since its beginning in 1879, Principal Mutual has expanded significantly, now a global investment management leader and a member of the Fortune 500. On October 26, 2001, Principal Mutual converted from a mutual insurance company to a stock company. In our opinion, this means that they will be denying more claims as they will have a greater financial interest in doing so.
How Does Principal Mutual Deny Life And Disability Insurance Claims?
Principal Mutual denies claims for numerous reasons, including the following:
- Principal Mutual claims that there is insufficient evidence to support the life or disability claim
- Principal Mutual asserts that the claimant did not supply adequate medical support for the life or disability claim
- Principal Mutual asserts that the claimant failed to comply with the proof of loss requirements in a timely manner
- Principal Mutual asserts that the illness, injury or other conditions or symptoms that are the subject of the claim are excluded as “preexisting” conditions
- Principal Mutual claims the insurance application contained materially false information, and thus the policy can be rescinded
- Principal Mutual conducts surveillance of the claimant, which it uses to support its determination that the claimant is not totally disabled
- Principal Mutual suggests that there has been a lapse in the claimant’s policy, focusing on a failure to pay premiums
- Principal Mutual overemphasizes the role of the exclusions in the life or disability policy, suggesting that the claimant’s illness or injury precludes coverage
What Should Disability Or Life Insurance Claimants Look For When Principal Mutual Denies A Claim?
- Did Principal Mutual improperly investigate your claim? For example, did they request authorizations for medical records, but never follow up with your physicians?
- Did Principal Mutual improperly obtain opinions from unqualified persons/supposed experts? For example, did a peer review physician or onsite clinical consultant who has never seen you in person conclude you are not disabled contrary to the opinions of your longtime, in-person treating physicians?
- Principal Mutual improperly misreading or misinterpreting medical records
- Principal Mutual improperly hiring and using biased “independent” medical reviewers and examiners
- Principal Mutual improperly denying a claim without any medical examination
- Principal Mutual improperly refusing to acknowledge subjective disabling conditions such as mental disorders, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome because there is no objective evidence of the condition
- Principal Mutual improperly asserting a preexisting condition
- Principal Mutual improperly attempting to rescind the policy
- Principal Mutual improperly denying a claim with the intent to wear the claimant down to a lower settlement
- Principal Mutual improperly over-relying on surveillance evidence to conclude a claimant can work
- Principal Mutual improperly over-relying on social media evidence to conclude a claimant can work
- Principal Mutual improperly failing to have a meaningful dialogue with the claimant
- Principal Mutual improperly failing to use findings by the Social Security Administration to deny a disability claim
If you have a wrongfully denied claim for disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment or other insurance involving Principal Mutual, contact McKennon Law Group PC, and we will exhaust all avenues to pursue your benefits
Choosing an attorney to represent you when you find yourself in the vulnerable position of having your disability, life or long-term care claim denied is the most important decision you can make in the pursuit of your claim. You need a skilled, aggressive and experienced advocate in your corner. If your claim for health, life, accidental death or dismemberment, short-term disability or long-term disability insurance has been wrongfully denied or suddenly terminated, fill out a free consultation form or call 1-800-682-4137 to schedule a free consultation with the attorneys of the McKennon Law Group PC, several of whom previously represented insurance companies and are exceptionally experienced in handling ERISA and non-ERISA, bad faith insurance claims.