Los Angeles And Orange County Disability Insurance And ERISA Claim Attorneys Fight Northwestern Mutual Claim Denials
At McKennon Law Group PC, we aggressively fight for you to pursue your right to receive benefits from life and disability insurers like Northwestern Mutual, in part, because we know insurers like Northwestern Mutual. McKennon Law Group PC’s founder, Robert J. McKennon, represented Northwestern Mutual and other such insurance companies in the past, which is part of the reason why we are to settle so many claims prior to litigation.
Northwestern Mutual offers several different insurance products, including life insurance, disability income insurance, long-term care insurance, annuities and more. Northwestern Mutual is a mutual company owned by its policyholders and has a better reputation than many other life and disability insurers mostly because it is owned by its policyholders. However, like all life and disability insurers, Northwestern Mutual often acts in bad faith in denying valid life and disability insurance claims and we have been engaged in aggressive litigation with them.
How Does Northwestern Mutual Deny Life And Disability Insurance Claims?
Northwestern Mutual denies claims based on many reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Northwestern Mutual asserts the evidence does not support the life or disability claim
- Northwestern Mutual asserts the claimant did not provide adequate medical support for the life or disability claim
- Northwestern Mutual asserts the claimant did not provide documentation or proof of loss evidence in a timely manner
- Northwestern Mutual asserts the condition which is the subject of the claim is a pre-existing condition
- Northwestern Mutual asserts the insurance application contained materially false information, and thus the policy can be rescinded
- Northwestern Mutual asserts surveillance of the claimant suggests that the claimant is not totally disabled
- Northwestern Mutual asserts the claimant’s policy has lapsed for failure to pay premiums
- Northwestern Mutual asserts an exclusion in the life or disability policy precludes coverage for the claim
What Should Disability Or Life Insurance Claimants Look For When Northwestern Mutual Denies A Claim?
- Northwestern Mutual improperly investigating the claim
- Northwestern Mutual improperly obtaining opinions from unqualified persons/supposed experts
- Northwestern Mutual improperly misreading or misinterpreting medical records
- Northwestern Mutual improperly hiring and using biased “independent” medical reviewers and examiners
- Northwestern Mutual improperly denying a claim without any medical examination
- Northwestern Mutual improperly refusing to acknowledge subjective disabling conditions such as mental disorders, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome because there is no objective evidence of the condition
- Northwestern Mutual improperly asserting a preexisting condition
- Northwestern Mutual improperly attempting to rescind the policy
- Northwestern Mutual improperly denying a claim with the intent to wear the claimant down to a lower settlement
- Northwestern Mutual improperly over-relying on surveillance evidence to conclude a claimant can work
- Northwestern Mutual improperly over-relying on social media evidence to conclude a claimant can work
- Northwestern Mutual improperly failing to have a meaningful dialogue with the claimant
- Northwestern Mutual improperly failing to use findings by the Social Security Administration to support a disability claim
If you feel you have a wrongfully denied claim involving Northwestern Mutual for disability, life or another insurance, the McKennon Law Group PC will aggressively pursue your insurance benefits.
Having an aggressive and experienced disability, health and life insurance attorney is the most important decision you can make for the success of your insurance claim. If your claim for health, life, accidental death or dismemberment, short-term disability or long-term disability insurance has been wrongfully denied or suddenly terminated, fill out a free consultation form or call 1-800-682-4137 to schedule a free consultation with the attorneys of the McKennon Law Group PC, several of whom previously represented insurance companies and are exceptionally experienced in handling ERISA and non-ERISA, bad faith insurance claims.