Los Angeles and Orange County Disability Insurance and ERISA Claim Attorneys Fight Liberty Mutual Claim Denials
If your claim for insurance benefits has been denied, you can trust in the attorneys at McKennon Law Group PC to fight to have your benefits reinstated. Our firm works on behalf of the insureds, exhausting every avenue to secure their benefits from life, general liability, long-term care and disability insurers like Liberty Mutual. At McKennon Law Group, we understand insurers like Liberty Mutual because we used to represent insurers like Liberty Mutual. We specialize in collecting insurance benefits after insurers like Liberty Mutual deny disability and life insurance claims, whether the claim is governed by ERISA and state insurance laws. At McKennon Law Group PC, our unique experience gives us the knowledge and unique ability to get your life and disability insurance claims paid. California insurance law is particularly good for policyholders who have their claims denied by insurers like Liberty Mutual.
Although Liberty Mutual uses the statue of liberty as its logo, it actually originated in Massachusetts over one hundred years ago, in association with the Massachusetts Employees’ Insurance Association. Liberty Mutual began one year after Massachusetts passed a law requiring all employers to provide insurance protecting employees from on-the-job injuries. Shortly thereafter, the company opened its first branch, starting with automobile insurance. By 1917, Liberty Mutual changed to its present name: Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, and began writing public liability insurance. Twenty years later, Liberty Mutual expanded to the continental United States and by the 1970s, surpassed $2 billion in written premiums. The Liberty Mutual we know today offers a wide range of insurance, including private passenger automobile, homeowners and other property-casualty insurance products. Through Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, Liberty Mutual offers a variety of life insurance and annuity products. Liberty Mutual also offers specialty coverage through three operations, including: Liberty International Underwriters, Liberty Mutual Surety and Liberty Specialty Markets.
Liberty Mutual is one of our most frequent targets for litigating or appealing denials of ERISA and non-ERISA disability and life insurance claims. Liberty Mutual often denies legitimate life and disability insurance claims and we have an excellent track record against this company.
Liberty Mutual May Deny a Life, Long-Term Care or Long-Term Disability Insurance Claim in a Variety of Ways
In a claims denial letter notifying you that your claim has been denied, Liberty Mutual might rely on any of the reasons discussed below:
- Liberty Mutual might assert that the written proof you were required to provide does not actually provide the requisite support for your life, long-term care or long-term disability policy
- Liberty Mutual might claim that you provided insufficient medical support, even though you may have supplied all the requested medical authorizations
- Liberty Mutual asserts you provided poor documentation or proof of loss or they might assert that the proof you did provide was untimely
- Liberty Mutual might conduct a pre-existing condition investigation and then determine that the condition excludes you from coverage under the policy
- Liberty Mutual may attempt to rescind your policy because it claims that, when you applied for insurance, the answers you provided on the application contained materially false information
- Liberty Mutual might hire a third-party company to record and report surveillance on your daily activities and then use that evidence to determine that you are not disabled
- Liberty Mutual might improperly lapse your policy, alleging nonpayment premium
- Liberty Mutual may expansively interpret an exclusion to its own benefit
What Should Disability or Life Insurance Claimants Look for When Liberty Mutual Denies a Claim for Life, Health, or Disability Insurance Benefits?
- Did Liberty Mutual conduct a detailed and thorough investigation into all the potential reasons for coverage?
- Did Liberty Mutual’s denial letter refer to the opinions of clinical consultants or peer review physicians who never examined you or contacted you or your doctors?
- Did Liberty Mutual properly pursue all the relevant medical information, and if it did, did it misinterpret those records or that medical evidence to deny your claim?
- Did Liberty Mutual have an expert review your claim, but the opinion appears biased? Did the expert fail to review all the relevant medical information?
- Did the consulting doctor or claims examiner ignore relevant medical evidence or mischaracterize the content of a conversation with your primary treating doctor?
- Were you willing to subject to an in-person medical examination, with a doctor of Liberty Mutual’s choosing, but Liberty Mutual never requested that you be examined?
- Did Liberty Mutual ignore your illness, injury or other symptoms because it asserted that objective medical evidence did not support your claim? Is subjective evidence the primary form of evidence with regard to your illness, such as mental disorders, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome?
- Did Liberty Mutual improperly assert that your illness or injury is a pre-existing condition, wrongly attempt to rescind the policy or simply deny the claim with the intent of wearing you down?
- Did Liberty Mutual improperly over-emphasize the significance of surveillance of you engaging in activities as support that you are not totally disabled? Did Liberty Mutual do so without properly considering or characterizing the actual duties of your occupation?
- Did Liberty Mutual fail to reasonably engage or communicate with you regarding what you needed to submit in order to adequately support your claim?
- Did Liberty Mutual fail to distinguish the positive findings of disability from the Social Security Administration?
If you have a wrongfully denied claim for disability, life, long-term care or other insurance involving Liberty Mutual, contact McKennon Law Group PC and we will single-mindedly pursue your benefits
Choosing an insurance litigation attorney to handle your recently denied claim for disability, life or long-term care benefits is a critically important decision. Disability, life and other forms of insurance denials are devastating to you and your family. How do you survive and pay your bills when you are disabled or a loved one dies? Disability, life and other forms of insurance denials can be especially complex. You need a skilled and talented advocate in your corner. If your claim for health, life, accidental death or dismemberment, short-term disability or long-term disability insurance has been wrongfully denied or suddenly terminated, fill out a free consultation form or call (949) 387-9595 to schedule a free consultation with the attorneys of the McKennon Law Group PC, several of whom previously represented insurance companies and are exceptionally experienced in handling ERISA and non-ERISA, bad faith insurance claims.