Nicholas A. West is an associate attorney with McKennon Law Group PC. Mr. West previously worked as a litigator assisting the Chinese business community with business and employment litigation. Before working with the Chinese business community, he spent two years working in the United States federal district courts as a judicial law clerk where he assisted the federal district court judges in their legal deliberations and obtained an insider’s understanding of the workings of the court system. Mr. West has also spent extensive time abroad where he became fluent in Mandarin Chinese and proficient in Spanish.
Presently, Mr. West represents insureds, claimants, and beneficiaries in a broad range of civil litigation matters, specializing in insurance and ERISA disputes involving life, health, long-term disability and short-term disability claim denials. Mr. West also litigates ERISA pension matters and is also a contributing author to the firm’s California Insurance Litigation Blog.
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2015
- Kentucky Wesleyan College
- B.S. - 2006
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- State Bar of California, 2016
- U.S. Federal Courts: Central District of California, Northern District of California, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice in other courts in the United States
- California Insurance Litigation Blog, Author
Current Employment Position