We Fight Lincoln Financial Group Claim Denials
If your claim for insurance benefits has been denied or suddenly terminated, you can trust in McKennon Law Group PC to fight to have your wrongful denial reversed and claim for benefits reinstated. Our firm fights for your right to receive benefits from life, general liability, long-term care and disability insurers like Lincoln National. At our firm, we understand insurers like Lincoln Financial Group because we know insurers like Lincoln Financial Group. McKennon Law Group PC’s attorneys, including its founder, Robert J. McKennon, formerly represented insurance companies, with a focus on the defense of claim denials. Now, Mr. McKennon and his firm aggressively fight these claim denials. At McKennon Law Group PC, we know how to get life and disability insurance claims paid.
Lincoln Financial Group originated in 1905, initially offering life insurance. That same year, Abraham Lincoln’s son allowed Lincoln Financial Group the authority to use his father’s name and likeness in the promotion of its brand. Over the years and as several other successful insurers have also done, Lincoln Financial Group expanded and entered various other areas of insurance, broadened product lines and expanded investment of policyholder funds. In 1933, Lincoln claimed $1 billion of insurance in-force and by 1983, Lincoln claimed over $100 billion insurance in-force. Lincoln National Corporation began calling itself “Lincoln Financial Group” in 1998 and merged with Jefferson Pilot Financial in 2006. Lincoln Financial Group focuses in several core areas, including life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services and group protection. Lincoln offers several group products, including term life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, dental insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance and vision insurance.
Lincoln Financial is one of our most frequent targets for litigating or appealing denials of ERISA and state law disability and life insurance claims. Lincoln Financial frequently denies life and disability insurance claims and we have been very successful in overturning denied insurance claims against this company and in recovering benefits for our clients.
How does Lincoln Financial Group Deny Life, Long-Term Care and Disability Insurance Claims?
Lincoln Financial Group denies claims based on many reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lincoln Financial Group asserts the proof of claim you provided does not support the life, long-term care or disability claim
- Lincoln Financial Group suggests you did not provide adequate medical support for the life, long-term care or disability claim
- Lincoln Financial Group asserts you provided inadequate documentation or proof of loss or that you failed to provide such evidence in a timely manner
- Lincoln Financial Group asserts the condition which is the subject of the claim is a pre-existing condition
- Lincoln Financial Group asserts the insurance application contained materially false information, and thus the policy can be rescinded
- Lincoln Financial Group asserts surveillance suggests that you are not totally disabled
- Lincoln Financial Group asserts your policy has lapsed due to nonpayment of premiums
- Lincoln Financial Group broadly interprets an exclusion in the life, long-term care or disability policy to preclude coverage of the claim
What Should Disability or Life Insurance Claimants Look for When Lincoln National Denies a Claim for Life, Health, or Disability Insurance Benefits?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group conduct a thorough and unbiased investigation into all potential bases for coverage?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group take the opinion of its own, unqualified persons/supposed experts over the medical evidence you provided in support of your claim?
- If Lincoln Financial Group did properly retrieve relevant medical records, did it improperly misread or misinterpret those records in support of your claim?
- Did Lincoln National’s denial rely on the opinion of a reviewer that appears to be biased? Did the reviewer ignore relevant medical evidence, mischaracterize the content of a conversation with your primary care doctor or attempt to convince your doctor not to certify your entitlement to policy benefits?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group deny your claim without requesting an in-person medical examination, even though you were willing to be examined?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group refuse to acknowledge an illness, injury or other symptoms for which largely subjective evidence exists, such as mental disorders, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome? Did the denial state that the claimant failed to provide “objective evidence” in support of the illness or injury preventing you from performing the duties of your occupation?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group improperly assert that your illness or injury is a pre-existing condition, wrongly attempt to rescind the policy or simply deny the claim with the intent of wearing you down to a lower settlement?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group improperly over-rely on surveillance or footage of you engaging in activities as support that you can perform the duties of your occupation? Did Lincoln Financial Group do so without properly considering or characterizing the actual duties of your occupation?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group wrongly fail to consider findings of disability by the Social Security Administration?
- Did Lincoln Financial Group improperly over-rely on social media of you engaging in activities as support that you are not totally disabled?
If you have a wrongfully denied claim for disability, life, long-term care or other insurance involving Lincoln National, contact McKennon Law Group PC and we will doggedly pursue your benefits
Choosing an insurance litigation attorney to represent you when you find yourself in the vulnerable position of having your disability, life or long-term care claim denied is a key decision in the pursuit of your claim. Disability, life and other forms of insurance denials can be devastating and you may not feel you are able to fight your insurer in the complex world of insurance claims denials. You need a highly experienced, skilled, determined and talented advocate in your corner. If your claim for medical, life, accidental death or dismemberment, short-term disability or long-term disability insurance has been wrongfully denied or suddenly terminated, fill out a free consultation form or call (949) 387-9595 to schedule a free consultation with the attorneys of the McKennon Law Group PC, several of whom previously represented insurance companies and are exceptionally experienced in handling ERISA and non-ERISA, bad faith insurance claims.